24 June . 2019
Here Comes the Sun! 5 Tips on Preparing Your Household for Summer
You may have been ready for the warm weather since January, but can you say the same about your home? Summer in Tehaleh is all about spontaneous fun but a little forethought is always helpful. Here are a few clever ways to prepare your home (and mindset) for the sunny fun to come!
- Stock Up on Summer Essentials Replenish your supplies of sunblock, aloe and insect repellent. In your hall closet have picnic blankets and fluffy beach towels within easy reach. In the pantry, keep a picnic basket filled with biodegradable dishware and cutlery at the ready. For the garage, display backyard sports items such as cornhole, badminton or frisbees, so they’re easy to grab and go.
- Eliminate Clutter Having less allows you to put everything in its place, which helps you to get and stay organized, so take a few minutes to rid yourself of excess stuff. When things are organized, returning items to where they belong is easy and quick, giving you more time to enjoy what you love most about summer!
- Spruce Up the Outdoors Since sunny days are an invitation to spend time outdoors, spruce up your outdoor spaces for maximum usage and comfort. Does your deck or patio need to be cleaned or re-stained? Do it now before you fill the space with furniture and plants. Summer is the perfect opportunity to update your picnic table or patio furniture with a fresh coat of paint or a bright color. Pillows, cushions, and throws add comfort and style. Or maybe you enjoy dining al fresco? Create an outdoor dining area you enjoy spending time in. Get ready for the season now so you can enjoy the summer months to their fullest.
- If You Party, They Will Come! Be a patio party star by stocking up on a variety of outdoor entertaining essentials. Make sure your blender is margarita-ready and your liquor cabinet is stocked with summertime flavors. Invest in accident-proof dishware from serving trays to drinking glasses (like melamine) and think ahead by creating a playlist full of your favorite sunny day jams.
- Bring the Outside In! Choose a few new indoor plants or bring cuttings from your yard inside to style the coffee table. Place single blooms on ledges throughout the house to add a bit of warm weather joy. This is also the time to clean all your window and door screens. Make sure they are ready for those beautiful PNW days when you’ll want to let the fresh air stream in.
Want More Information?
- 2021 (28)
- 2020 (44)
- 2019 (34)
- 2018 (15)
- 2017 (12)
- 2016 (72)
- 2015 (9)
- 2014 (2)
- 2013 (8)
- 2012 (9)