24 February . 2020
7 Habits for a Healthier You
Sure, you may have a couple habits that you’d like to break. But have you ever tried to create new, positive habits? Start by gradually working small changes into each day – before you know it, you’ll be on your way to improving your overall well-being. Remember, a little goes a long way when it comes to improving your health.
1. Buddy up: Whether it’s a friend, a neighbor, your spouse, or one of your children, a partner can help you stay motivated, challenge you, and pace you. Best of all, a partner makes working out more fun.
2. Get outside: No matter what season it is, there’s always something beautiful to discover outdoors in Tehaleh.
3. Eat well: Fill up on fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, and healthy proteins. Give your body all of the vitamins and nutrients it needs. Lower your calories, saturated fat, and cholesterol. And try going meatless 1 day a week – it’s good for the planet and even better for your health!
4. Beat stress: Over time, stress can cause all kinds of health problems, including high blood pressure, an abnormal heart rate, increased blood sugar levels, depression, and anxiety. The good news? Tehaleh has over 20+ miles of outdoor trails so you’re always able to walk off some steam!
5. Indulge in sleep: Lack of sleep can take its toll on your mind, body, and overall health. Be sure to get the recommended 7 to 8 hours a night.
6. Give back: Volunteering allows you to give back to your community. It also keeps you active, helps you create and strengthen relationships, and provides a sense of accomplishment.
7. Break a sweat: Being active helps you stay fit and feel your best at every age. Getting 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least 5 days a week can lower your risk of serious illness and boost your mood.
Want More Information?
- 2021 (9)
- 2020 (50)
- 2019 (52)
- 2018 (54)
- 2017 (51)
- 2016 (106)
- 2015 (19)
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (18)
- 2012 (19)