11 April . 2017
Pinterest-Worthy Patio Parties
In the Pacific Northwest, when the sun is out, so are we – soaking up every bit of summer and celebrating the season outdoors. And what’s better than gathering with friends in your own backyard?
Several renowned Tehaleh homebuilders, including HC Homes, Brookstone Homes, and Azure Northwest Homes have carefully considered the community’s natural beauty when designing their outdoor living spaces. Covered patios, outdoor fireplaces, cabana fans, home audio hookups, and customizable specialty lighting – the patios in Tehaleh are truly party-worthy!
Here are a few Pinterest tips we gathered for throwing the perfect patio party this summer:
Planning and Prepping
- Take a cue from Mother Nature – choose decorative elements like balloons and paper plates in hues inspired by summer’s lush greens and gorgeous blooms.
- Set the ambiance with twinkling string lights overhead for a soft glow when the sun goes down.
- Boost the fun meter with lively summer-inspired tunes that everyone will enjoy. And be sure to cue up a playlist so you won’t have to play DJ throughout the party!
Dining and Drinking
- When planning your menu, remember that tasty beats complicated every time. Grill up hot dogs and hamburgers and complement the meal with crisp salads, fruit bowls, and tasty marinated veggies.
- Add homemade popsicles for a simple, make-ahead dessert!
- Prepare big bowls of punch or sangria (both alcoholic and non) for guests to serve themselves. Or, checkout this fun DIY tutorial on building a rustic beer and wine cooler out of old pallets and chill your beer and wine in style.
Gabbing and Gaming
- Arrange a progressive patio party with the neighbors. Throughout the day, the festivities rotate from one yard to the next, making planning easier on everyone!
- The fun can also extend beyond the backyard. Round up the kids and head out to one of the 11 parks in Tehaleh. Play bocce ball at Big Sky Park, climb boulders at Sticks ‘n’ Stones, or have a friendly game of basketball at Sprouts Holler.
- With the sun setting later in the day, take the opportunity to treat your guests to a nature walk on the Tehaleh trails and post-dinner entertainment. Weave through the pines to The Post for a coffee nightcap from Caffé D'arte. Next stop is Big Sky Park where you can lie under the stars, at the foot of Mt. Rainer, and take in a show during resident movie night.
Want to join in on all of this patio party fun? Plan your visit today.
Previous PostRodney Knows Landscaping Like the Back of His Yard
Older PostIt’s A Tehaleh Pup World
Want More Information?
- 2020 (35)
- 2019 (52)
- 2018 (54)
- 2017 (51)
- 2016 (106)
- 2015 (20)
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (17)
- 2012 (19)